This I Believe

I believe that there's an incredible amount of potential in everyone. I believe it's amazing that we exist. When I was in maybe 3rd grade, I went up to a boy and said, "Can I show you a magic trick?" He told me that yes, he did want to see a magic trick, and I simply lifted my arm. I believe we're magic. I didn't have very many friends when I was little [read: none], so I had imaginary friends. I put on plays for my stuffed animals. I spoke more to my dolls than to my parents. I believed they were my friends, and so they were.

 Everyone has the potential to do great things. Everyone has the potential to love, and to be loved. Everyone has the potential to be great, and to do great.

I believe everything exists. Magic, other worlds, parallel universes, dragons, everything. If someone else believes something exists, I believe it too. Even if it only exists in their head, who says that's not real?

I believe in the great power of kindness. I believe that if you are kind to someone, you make their day better, and maybe they'll be kind to someone else, and their day will be better. How you treat people can change people's lives. Be kind.

I believe in you. Whoever you are, wherever you are, you're thinking about something. Don't be afraid to speak up, to say your part. What do you believe?

-madison

Comments

Popular Posts