Tae Kwon Do

Last night, I tested for my 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. To pass, I needed to do my form, contact skills, 3 rounds of sparring, and break 2 boards. My form was good, if shaky. My spin heel kick was fast and strong. My hammer fists were decent, but my aim was slightly off. My sparring was slow and clunky, but I showed all the required techniques. I sparred one of my best friend´s little brother, which was nerve-wracking because I didn´t want to kill him. My board-breaking wasn´t up to par. I chose to break with a number 2 front kick and a skip side kick. The front kick broke cleanly, but I failed to break the board with my skip side kick all three chances I had. It really is my fault, though. I chose a technique that I hated and was bad at. I knew I was terrible at skip side kicks. I brought this upon myself, and to make it worse, I had invited my 4 best friends. They cheered for me the whole time, even though they had no idea what was happening. One of them, Amanda, had no idea I didn´t pass. It was my first time not passing my belt test. I only have one more chance to test before I get booted back to red belt. If you didn´t know, failing at something you´re usually good at and love, sucks. I´ve been doing Tae Kwon Do since I was 7, and I am currently 13. If something like this has happened to you, put it in the comments!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Madison! I am also a Black Belt, a first degree. I remember my test this Summer, I was so nervous but I passed. I'm sure that you can do it next time, especially since you've been doing it for so much longer than me!

My weak point is sparring, but I'm okay at board breaking.
Good luck next time!
Unknown said…
I can totally relate to you with softball. I know that there really isn't much that I can say but I know that you can do it, just don't give up!

Popular Posts